• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

importing clips from different sources, getting different results. ??

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newby question.  I have a project where I imported different clips from different sources.  One from our professional studio, one from my Canon camcorder, and one from my webcam.  They imported as totally different "size" images.  Surprise to me 🙂  So I have figured out that the one from out studio was 1920 . 1080, the one from my canon camcorder was 1280 x 720, the one from my desktop webcam was 640 x 360!  

Is there ANY WAY I can "fix" this inside Premier so that the smaller resolution (at least the 1280 x 720) will appear without the black box around it?  (I can go back and re-record the webcam, but the camcorder recordings were remote recordings of out of state physicians at an event and can't be redone.)

TOPICS
Editing , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

right click your 1280x720 clips in your sequence and select 'Set to Frame Size'. 

That's all you need to do!

You can do the same with the 640x480 clips but they of course will look very 'low resolution' againts the other clips. Re-recording the webcam at a higher resolution would be ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines