• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing files Fails with New update 14.3

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pre existing projects that have NO issues whatsover. After the update, most of my projects wont allow me to add new video files either through media browser OR drag and drop. (New or old projects).

File type is .MP4 - 1080p - 23.976fps.

I get stuck at "Open file" window and it freezes unless I cancel the import.

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive done this, it has no effect on the issue. I also cant import .MP4 files in a bran new project of the 14.3 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally when opening pre-existing projects on new versions, as Ann aludes, it's best to dump all cache files first.

For moving projects to a new 'major' version, a different full number as say 13.x to 14.x, it's best to create a new project in the new version. Open that project, and from the Media Browser in Premiere, navigate to the old project file and import/ingest the assets of that file into the new version file.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daniel,

Which camera shot these files? Let us know as that may help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, I have troubleshooted .MP4 files from multiple cameras that all get stuck at import.

DJI Mavic Mini Drone

Samsung Galaxy S5 - S8

Files downloaded from the internet in .MP4 format

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Import function is not bug-free in PPro.

If you use CTRL/CMD+I or use drag & drop to Import files, chances are that PPro ends up in a very long process that appears as if the program is frozen. Trust me, it's mostly not. You can either go for a cup of coffee and find that PPro comes back alive again, but it's far better to use the Media Browser to navigate to your assets and use that window to import.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im still stuck with the "Open Files" screen when using Media Browser 😕 (.MP4 Files)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone is still reading this, Ive tried 4 different versions and updates of Premiere pro, None of which will playback my .MP4 files from either Drone or Canon EOSR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to playback any of said files in a separate player, such as VLC? If not, this indicates that the proper codecs for your specific files are missing on your system. Remember that MP4 is not a codec in itself, but a container/wrapper that may contain a whole host of varying codecs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am, I can play back the files in both VLC and windows media player without any issue. I also have "Quicktime" installed for its older codecs as well. At this point im wondering if the issue comes down to Adobe not really supporting my vidoe card series and favoring NVIDIA Geforce because I can import and playback .MP4s on my laptop which has Nvidia graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who sees this, I believe I have found the main issue through trouble shooting and research.

Adobe has conflicts with the videocard series "Radeon RTX 580". Radeon also hasnt updated its driver release since May 15th. I tested the same files and projects on my other laptop which has NVIDIA GEFORCE Card and everything works fine. I believe there is a major conflict with OPENCL cards and this radeon series where is Geforce is more compatible and up to date with current drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @DigitalxxKnife @Richard van den Boogaard  ,

Sorry for this problem. We have fixed this in the latest beta builds which means you should be able to import & work with these media files in Premiere Pro without converting them into any other formats. This is also on track to be available in normal builds. We will update you soon.

Meanwhile, you can download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta).
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

Please let us know how it goes in the beta build.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines