• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Folders

Guide ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Windows 11 and APPr 2022v. I tried to import three folders into APPr but only one foler is imported. How to fix this issue? Video is attached.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

This is a popular feature request, Maha. Upvote here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

LEGEND , Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

In the public beta, they already have the just-import-the-durn-folder structure working. So at some point, we'll finally get it in the shipping version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a popular feature request, Maha. Upvote here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really looking forward to the engineers implementing this. It's another one of those silly "gotchas" in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the public beta, they already have the just-import-the-durn-folder structure working. So at some point, we'll finally get it in the shipping version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maha,

There are two problems here, and the feature request Kevin links to is the bigger problem. If you have zero or only one item in a folder, PR ignores the folder. There is no workaround for this limitation.

I'm assuming you have items in the folders you want to import. When you use your import method - right click in the Project Panel and pick import - it behaves just as you demonstrate, even if there are 2 or more items in the folder. (I tested with multiple items, so even if one of your folders had only one item, I have confirmed the problem.)

You can work around this limitation by dragging the folders to the Project Panel or by using Media Browser. There, you can select multiple folders and they will be imported.

Except for folders with zero or one items. So upvote that feature request.

The new "Import" mode window is not useful for either of these problems. You can select multiple folders, but PR creates its own folder named "Bin," and imports all the Files there - no folders at all! I think many users are just skipping the import option there. But there is a feature request that addresses that one:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/45580663-new-import-screen-...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only workaround is to import folders into Ae. (use to do this in the past with lots of folders).

Ae will honor all folder structure. You can import multi folder is one go. Or one folder with multi folders inside.

Copy folders from AE, paste in Pr and voila.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the explanation. What is PR? drag & drop does not work with windows OS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Pr" is probably Premiere. I can't drag and drop from AE to PP on mac either, so I copied in AE, then pasted in PP. It totally works! 

Also, I never use the "import" tab. All of my projects follow a specific bin structure. Why would I choose to create a new bin or folder with imported footage when I could just drag and drop into the specific bin that I need the footage to be in? Too bad drag and drop is only an optino if the folder contains more than one file or folder. Maybe it's useful for people wtih very light, small, personal projects and they're just editing a few clips together. But projects like mine (and a lot of professionals here probably) have stock footage, footage I or some other camera operator shot, various music clips, external audio, VO audio, images from the client, stock imagery, vector graphics from AI, AE sequences, lossless renders from AE-- etc etc. My folder structures have to be buttoned-up and consistent. So the import tab is useless. A dropdown menu that lets you select a bin in the current project would be nice, though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines