• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing footage but just get an empty folder?

Explorer ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, in Adobe Premiere Pro 2018 and 2019, if I try to import a folder, I either get only about 20% of the footage imported or none at all. This happens off and on. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, I have tried all three import methods and they all have the same problem, though import through explorer seems to work the best.

I have 30TBs of information, so they are on everything from G-Tech drives, to WD to internal. All have the same issue. I don't get any type of error message. It just takes about 3 minutes while it is showing the loading bar saying it is importing then it finishes and nothing. I attached a screenshot of what it looks like. That folder has several folders in it and hundreds of files in it.  The files are anywhere from .mov, to mp4 to .jpg. None of it will import.

For those who may say to just upload each folder's contents manually, I'd prefer not because that would take a ton of time. Like a ton. Shouldn't this product work in this way?

I am running:

Windows 10 Home

Premiere Pro 12.1.2 and 13.1.2 (happens when I have them individually or at the same time)

Intel i7-9900K Eight-core

NVIDIA GeForce 1070 8GB

64GB RAM DDR4

1200w PSU

Capture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm... maybe try this ???

right click on folder

click properties

check that you have the right to do everything ( read write etc. )

read write.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Yup, got all the rights and permissions needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yeah, as I stated in my OP, I already tried that. It did not work. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you tried it, you drilled down far enough into the folder structure to see actual clips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, and the broad folder. Tried all them in between as well. Either way, isn't that the point of being to upload a folder, is to upload everything in it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOP is to drill down into the folder structure until you see actual media in the Media Browser.  You then select the clips you want to Import, right click and choose Import.

Those clips will come into the currently open bin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not help me in the slightest. I already know I can do that. The issue is importing folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know the "correct" way.  If other ways don't work, then you won't be able to use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But, as you said it is the "correct" way, meaning it isn't the only way that should work. I guess if there is no solution I'll jump to a platform that imported over 8TBs of footage in under five minutes (DaVinci Resolve!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it isn't the only way that should work.

Yes, but that doesn't mean that all other ways will work.

I'll jump to a platform that imported over 8TBs of footage in under five minutes (DaVinci Resolve!).

I have found Resolve to be superior in this regard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, you are unable to import folders the way you want to. There is a way that works, by doing what Jim suggested.

But that's not the solution you want to hear.

This is a forum where users help users. This forum has NOTHING TO DO WITH ADOBE. The ONLY relationship is that Adobe supports this social media type FORUM for users to help users. NOBODY here, EVER, ( no matter what you see with badges like 'staff', ACP, Expert, etc. .. had any ( zero , nada, nothin ! ) to do with fixing problems with the actual program and other departments within the adobe corporate infrastructure.  No programmers, no engineers, nothin.

The ONLY way to complain to adobe is to use some link to make a 'request' to make something work that is not working the way you want it to.

Everyone here is just trying to help you from their own experience with using the program. They are not the cause of your problem and they are not the ones doing anything EXCEPT trying to help you. 

Do you get that ???

So stop complaining and rejecting every single suggestion to get your work done... and give everyone a break. 

sheesh...

good luck though... in a perfect world everything would work exactly the way you and I want it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't reject any solutions because none were offered. Don't know why you are so upset, I didn't get mad at anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is kinda like getting married.  One would think, the whole point is to live happily ever after.

And then things happen and you find out that you actually have to adjust to what DOES WORK instead of what you THOUGHT SHOULD WORK... it takes a certain maturity to realize that to make things work you sometimes need to change what you THOUGHT should work, into what REALLY works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah no. We are talking about a proffesional workflow. This doesn't work. This is not the correct way. Even now 2023. Same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry. I'm not upset in the slightest. You have been offered solution which is to drill down into folder where source stuff is listed and then select those files en masse or import that folder ( the lowest folder that has all your material listed ).

bye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I already said that that did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh.

So if you select all the files it doesn't work either ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked and they were already all checked.  This is nuts. LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines