Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Importing footage has extremely blown out highlights in face.

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm recording myself with my phone and have now tried out a new App (MoviePro). when recording and viewing in QuickTimePlayer, everything is more or less fine, but as soon as I import my video into Premiere Pro, this is the result. And I can't really fix it through colorcorrection unless I almost completely reduce the brightness.. which then is also an aweful result. Please help 😞

Data of video:

Codecs: Linear PCM, HEVC

Colorprofile: BT.2020 PQ (9-16-9)

defaulth6ozj4wm3wfx_0-1634556397676.png

TOPICS
Editing, Formats, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

You are working with a variable frame rate footage, since most screen recorders and phone footage work this way.Please use applications that can transcode your footage to a constant frame rate before importing them to premiere pro (handbrake).

and  you should set up color management, do the following: Select Edit > Preferences > General. Select Enable Display Color Management (requires GPU acceleration) from the Preferences dialog box.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines