• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Markers to Premiere Pro 2020

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP 2017 has a bug where when you save to a newer version of PP, like 2018 or 2020 it does not carry the markers over with all the transcriptions.  I've assigned these markers to individual video files that I've already imported into Premiere Pro and as a workaround I exported the markers from the older version of PP 2017 as CSV files but there is no way to import them?  How is that possible.  Is there a solution where I can import my CSV files with teh markerker data and assign them to their respective files?  Please help.  It took me weeks to transcribe all of this info.  Why can you export but there is no obvious way to import?

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know your question is 10 months old but, as nobody has ever replied, I will still answer it:
There is now a free extension for Premiere Pro that can re-import markers that have been exported to a CSV file using Premiere Pro's native marker export. Check it out at http://markerbox.pro

It might be too late for your project, but it might help others struggling with similar tasks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Markerbox Man! 

I just discovered your software and I'm very grateful for it, it is a big hole in the Premiere system! I am an editor but not a tech-savy coder, and I'm having some trouble opening Markerbox.

I'll lay out the steps I have gone through, maybe you can tell me where I went wrong:

• I downloaded the software and dragged it into the "Adobe/CEP/extensions" folder
  • I restarted Premiere
  • The Markerbox extension does appear alongside my other extensions in the drop-down menu
  • When I click on it, nothing happens! When I navigate back to the drop-down menu, "Markerbox" does not have a check mark next to it as though it is in use (see photo), even though I just clicked on it
  • I tried it several times to make sure, but there is no new window or tab that pops up on my screen

Do I need to do this step? 

from your website - 

In your terminal write "defaults write com.adobe.CSXS.10 PlayerDebugMode 1" (without quotes).

In case you are running more than one version of CSXS repeat this step for every version.

Now Adobe's programs will run extension without official signatures (developer mode).

I don't really know how terminal works and I'm hesitant to mess with anything unless I need to, but I will if that's what's causing the problem!

Thanks again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as hobsonfeltus - Markerbox shows up in the extensions menu, but it doesn't launch. Running macOS 12.6 and Premiere Pro version 23 build 63. I would LOVE to make this work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the very late reply, but I've only started looking into Markerbox today.

I ran the following command in terminal

find ~/Library/Preferences/ -iname 'com.adobe.CSXS*'

It showed I had 2 versions of CSXS installed.

/Users/#/Library/Preferences//com.adobe.CSXS.11.plist
/Users/#/Library/Preferences//com.adobe.CSXS.10.plist

By ammending the instructions to the following.

defaults write com.adobe.CSXS.11 PlayerDebugMode 1

I was able to get the panel to show up in Premiere correctly. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exact issue and that got it / permission has to point to the CSXS.__ you have.

Thanks Jesse!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The import of markers can be achieved via the SRT format, please see the youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_7h50LL_ZQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines