• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing music

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am subscribed to Apple Music, so when I download music to my computer I cant add it to PP. I can only add music from my royalty free playlists I got from epidemic sound. I assume it has something to do with the fact that i didnt purchase the song from Apple which you cant do when your subscribed to the music streaming. 

Is there a workaround for this? Can I convert the audio files some how? I attached screenshots so you can see what I see when I try to import a song that I downloaded. You can see the song is grey. But in the second screenshot (a song that is from a royalty free platform) Its not grey and I can import

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 9.07.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 9.07.31 AM.png

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

The Apple one has the ending m4p, which is short for MPEG-4 Protected. Songs from Apple Music are generally protected by Apple's FairPlay DRM.

You should never use third-party copyrighted music without written permission from e.g. the publisher. If you do want to use copyrighted music, there are websites for obtaining permission via sync licensing - such as Easy Song.

Otherwise, stick with royalty free stock music.

https://copyrightalliance.org/faqs/how-to-get-permission-to-use-a-song/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Apple one has the ending m4p, which is short for MPEG-4 Protected. Songs from Apple Music are generally protected by Apple's FairPlay DRM.

You should never use third-party copyrighted music without written permission from e.g. the publisher. If you do want to use copyrighted music, there are websites for obtaining permission via sync licensing - such as Easy Song.

Otherwise, stick with royalty free stock music.

https://copyrightalliance.org/faqs/how-to-get-permission-to-use-a-song/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround is to use Sidify Apple Music Converter to. Simply referring to this tutorial: How to Import Spotify Music to Premiere Pro (link removed by moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe you can purchase the MP3 files from Amazon's Digital Music Store. 
If you want to save a large amount music files, it seems that using music converter is more cost-effective.

You can download Apple Music tracks to MP3 with AudiFab Apple Music Converter at a fast speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines