• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Security Camera Footage

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an LTS LTD8308T-ST 8 Channel Platinum Series High Resolution DVR Recorder running security cameras around my house.  I'm trying to export recorded video from a single camera and import it into Premiere Pro CC.  The DVR exports to MP4 format, however, I keep getting a "generic error" when trying to import to Premiere Pro.  Media Encoder won't read it and Windows Media Player won't play it, either.

However, I can upload to YouTube, then download it again and I can import just fine.  Here's a link to the exported video on my Dropbox.

Can someone help me figure out how to import video of this type without having to resort to YouTube?

EDIT:

My iPhone can play the footage without any problem or alterations.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MP4 is a wrapper, what is inside YOUR wrapper - Exactly what is INSIDE the video you are editing?

Report back with the codec details of your file, use the programs below... A screen shot works well to SHOW people what you are doing - For Windows Internet Explorer press the PRINT SCREEN button on your keyboard, and then do CTRL-V to paste the screen print from the clipboard into a forum message

Free programs to get file information for PC/Mac http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download POST IN TREE VIEW

Does your video use a VARIABLE Frame Rate? See https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1110005

If yes, use https://handbrake.fr/ open source transcoder/converter to convert to Constant Frame Rate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

Thanks for your reply.  Here's the screenshot you asked for...

Screenshot 2017-03-28 14.01.24.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's actually fairly easy, you don't even have to transcode it (as such) but you do need to rewrite the header from MPEG-PS to MPEG-4.  Then PP will import. 

You need to install https://www.ffmpeg.org/ and do the following

ffmpeg -filename.mp4 -flags +global_header -vcodec copy -acodec copy filename_converted.mp4

You can even delete the original after as it is basically exactly the same video payload with a rewritten header.

This works for Hickvivion IP cameras, if DVR cameras have ethe same problem this should work.

Enjoy;).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,I don't know how to use ffmpeg at all.Could you please explain the detail for us?

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,I don't know how to use ffmpeg at all.Could you please explain the detail for us?

Thank you so much!

By @xiao31578128kuc7

Use the free Shutter Encoder encoding|converting video FREE PC|Mac. It´s based on ffmpeg and has a user interface and do all the complicated stuff in the background.

I don´t know what kind of footage you have, but i downloaded the footage the TS provided in this thread and all i had to do to get Premiere Pro to import it was to use the Rewrap feature in Shutter Encoder. No re-encoding is done, it´s lightning fast as well.

Averdahl_0-1698060771773.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you manage to solve this? I am also in the same problem now. 

JohnGatapia_0-1652793712305.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines