I've got a bunch of .srt files generating by a translator into Chinese...after some struggle and learning on this forum, we figured out that the files had to be encoded in UTF-16 in order for the Chinese characters to show up in Premiere. But now, when we import the .srt, we're only getting roughly half the text. When I look at the .srt in text edit, all the text is there, including the Chinese characters. But in Premiere, it's only coming in half the length. This is reflected in the running time of the file as well. Everything is still synced properly with the video, but the words just abruptly stop about midway through. Anyone know what's going on? What the solution might be?
Could you please reference where you learned the file needed to be encoded UTF-16?
...after some struggle and learning on this forum, we figured out that the files had to be encoded in UTF-16 in order for the Chinese characters to show up in Premiere. ...
I would like to document this for a research project I am on.
Well, my problem is just that, the import goes incomplete.
I have the same problem, I still can not solve.
On top of ALL the other subtitle problems I am having (TONS OF WORK LOST BECAUSE OF SUBTITLE BUGS!!!!!!!!!!! (Rant) ), I am now having THIS problem too.
Absolutely unbelievable. Adobe, you're QA and/or product owners are pathetic. I am not even going to waste time ranting anymore. I will say this though, I will NEVER in my life be touching Premiere Pro for any of my professional video work again. Ever.
Some users have found this issue if there is a flaw in the .srt file I think at the point the text stops.
Reading your tips on fixing importing incomplete SRT-files, I cleaned up my problem file: deleted extra enters and changed overlapping time codes. The duration of the file did become slighty longer when imported in Premiere Pro, but I still havent managed to import the complete subtitles. Would you perhaps know why Premiere won't import my whole file? (https://www.dropbox.com/s/upmvium5cubcuvi/Interview%20Anne%20Seghersversie%204-en-US.srt?dl=0)
p.s. I'm using version 13.1.5
Caption 217 has a bad start timecode; it should have only 3 digits (milliseconds). Based on the previous timecode, it should probably be 435.
So, instead of: 00:13:56,4350 --> 00:13:59,380
00:13:56,435 --> 00:13:59,380
This imports to PR. But the timecodes aren't right, probably because I have the wrong time settings when I import.
Hi Stan I just have the same problem, I can't find the problem tho in my srt file, it seems ok.
But only work on the first 7 minutes of duration, most of it is missing
I finally figure out my self, the error shown when the TC doesn't right like: unnecessary space, between the milliseconds there's (.) instead of (,), to get quicker finding which line are the error what I did is importing the srt file to PR and it shown the start missing line, fixing it manually in text/edit, save the srt, and clear the previous srt file in PR and re-imported again, and you can see the duration of the srt file will adding, and repeat again, until I got my srt file works to the end duration of the video
I had the exact same issue, the Chinese turned into too many lines/characters for Premiere to handle.
I manually changed the text file so the .srt was split when there was more than two lines of characters.
This did the job for me.
This is user to user forum where we users help each other. The Adobe engeneers do not always read everything here. If you feel strongly about a (new)feature or (bug) fix please post it on uservoice, as it will be read by the engeneers.