Importing timeline from premiere to resolve

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m attempting to import a premiere pro timeline into resolve however the free version does not recognise 10 bit GH5 footage.

To get the timeline into resolve I would have to transcode the footage and start the edit from scratch in premiere which is not ideal. Does anyone know a way I can transcode the whole timeline within premiere? Or any other workaround?

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use Fle -> Export -> finalcut pro XML.

Why do you want import your Premiere Pro timeline to Resolve? Do you want to color grade it in resolve? I think PP is best for overall, edit n cut, audio editing, color grading, and many more.

you can Use lumetri color for color grading..

==============
Okie Eko Wardoyo

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most of the time (at a TV Network) we export a finished online sequence from Premiere Pro as a single video file using a particular preset* for grading in Resolve.

Any reason you can't do that?

You can also export an EDL (as part of this process) from Premiere Pro that Resolve can use to determine all the cut points in the sequence. (there is a very specific process we for doing this that I can post if necessary)

We also export FCP XML's as Eko suggests - so the Colourist can directly access any 'raw' files as required (on a shared network) ... but in your case, if Resolve can't read your GH5 footage - this is not going to work.

* we use XAVCIntraClass100 with 'render at maximum depth' AND 'Use maximum render quality' checkboxes both selected.

But there are plenty of other options.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines