Importing Translated transcripts into captions

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the new auto transcribe function which is working great but I also have a translation (in Word) that i need use to create another subtitle file. 

Ideally I would export the English SRT file, paste the translated text into the relevant spaces and then re-import to insert the translations into the exact same spots in my subtitle file but I can't see a way to do this. 

What am I missing?

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing intuitive about this, and no simple way to do it. A translation in word is unlikely to entirely sync to the timecodes from the transcription.

See this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/how-to-import-caption-txt-file-in-premiere-p...

Also export the srt from PR. Then after doing the "import text" in Subtitle Edit, try using the "import timecodes." I have not done this, but it may get it very close.

Let us know...

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines