Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing .txt transcriptions

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am trying to import a transcription file in to my timeline that was generated as a .txt file, however I have been unable to find a workflow to do this.

As it is a lengthy transcription I would prefer not to generate a .srt from my .txt as this will be a time consuming process. The transcription time stamped in identical fashion as Premiere does internally to generate its transcriptions.

How can I import my .txt transcription files in to Premiere, 

thanks 

I've been searching the community forum for a workflow for editing txt 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on exactly how your text files are formatted. But see this post for one method:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/how-to-import-caption-txt-file-in-premiere-p...

Happy to help with the details.

Note that the Beta version includes work on exporting a text file and importing a corrected text file. I think this will also create a way to more easily import a text transcription file.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Stan,

Yes I read through that thread.

It does not seem like there is a straight forward way to this procedure, however are you saying that this workflow is possible in the latest Beta version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not tested in the Beta. The import is as a transcript, which may be what you want.

Be aware that the Beta is a different file project version than PR 22, so you can't use the same project. But the test would be to create a transcript/text export to check the format and get your file to match. Then try to import it to the transcript tab. You could create captions, then export .srt that you could import to your regular project file.

I'll try to test this, but I'm convinced it should work.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Stan this worked, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines