Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing vector .ai file into Premiere Zooming pixelated and Blurry

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I imported my illistrator file (.ai) which is vector image into premiere and I am trying to zoom into a particular area. When I zoom in the image it is not clear. I so not know what I need to do. I do not see a rasterize option and do not want to have to use premiere pro. Is there a simple fix to this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Ai files get rasterized on import.

Make sure you have enough file resolution to zoom in.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ai files get rasterized on import.

Make sure you have enough file resolution to zoom in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have it, use after effects for just that part as there is the option to have it scale like a vector should. Outside of that, as Ann said, just make the file huge and scale down later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there really no other format I can import (vector) that will stay as a vector and not rasterize ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there really no other format I can import (vector) that will stay as a vector and not rasterize ? 

By @arkid

No, not in Premiere Pro. Use After Effects as it is superiour compared to Premiere Pro when it comes to vector graphics from Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have more luck importing ai files into photoshop as linked files and then importing the psd into Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we serious?  Just stumbled across this and it's blown my mind that we're in the year 2023 and a market leading NLE can not work with vector files!  If they have to be rasterised on import (why??) then at the very least we need some import options so we can specify the size it should be rasterised to!

Just tried to import SVG to premiere pro but that doesn't work because Premiere Pro doesn't support SVG (obviously).  So then I imported to Illustrator, dragged to CC libraries, dragged from libaries into my project and boom it's pixelated horribly...  and then I found this.

So...  I was going to beg for this to be considered as a feature, fixed as a bug, or anything to make it a tiny bit more intuitive.  But what's the point?  Adobe never listens to their users, so for me, it's just another nail in the Premiere Pro coffin where there's already more nails then wood.  I've been training on Davinci Resolve in the background for a while now, and (surprise surprise) Resolve can natively import SVG files.  Guess what editor I'm using for my next project?

Regards, aTomician

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah - it takes half an hour to figure out how to make my perfect AI image perfect again (not pixellated) in premiere.

still workin' on it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Absolutely, and by increasing the resolution you end up using more memory and cpu...  and then if you want to show the graphic at a larger size you have to re-import again at another higher resolution.  Pathetic.

Premiere Pro won't even import AI graphics correctly from CC libraries - the color get's distorted and converted (presumably during rasterisation)  Our company colors look fine in AI, drag to CC libraries, drag into PPro project, and they have visibly changed.  Sooo frustrating.

Regards, aTomician

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines