• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing XML duplicates existing project media.....regardless

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to Premiere Pro v 23.0 on a MacBookPro with M1 Max.

A client is sending me XMLs of from a project that has the same media that I'm working with.  When import the XML it duplicates the media on the time DESPITE it already existing in the the project. 

AND within Preferences/ Media, the box next to "allow duplicate media during project import" is NOT checked.  By default it's not checked so why does it duplicate media?

What am I missing?

Thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I ask a friend who's certified - the work around is under Edit at the very top top -  there's "Consolidate duplicates."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work in most of these situations, unfortunately, Premiere does not seem to recognize the newly imported files as duplicates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as well. It is really annoying having the same clip as different files on Premiere.
Anything you had done, such as linking proxy, it's lost when you import an XML. The matching frame and reverse match frame don't work anymore either since Premiere sees these files from the XML as a totally different clip.
I'm using PluralEyes. This used to not happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue even after updating to 23.3. It's even a bigger mess when the media is duplicated and you have to reattach all the proxies. I work with weddings and there are 100's of clips that duplicate and then need proxy reattached. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe I have a fix!!

This happened to me too and when I looked at the metadata for the clips, there was a discrepancy in how Premiere logged the source files' pathnames. I thought to make the new duplicates offline and re-link them to the same source footage. Then I used Ricky's suggestion to "Consolidate Duplicates" and it worked!

The steps:

1.  Import .xml file
  2.  Select all media that was imported into the project and right-click "Make Offline"
  3.  Select the same media and right-click "Link Media"  — link back to original source footage
  4.  Go into Edit menu in the menu bar and select "Consolidate Duplicates"

Your newly imported/duplicate clips should disappear.

- J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines