• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In-Out Markers Not Working for Exporting

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to precisely cut audio files and Premiere was the only convenient tool at the moment. I've attached a screenshot below to illustate the problem:

A1 is the source file that I'm working off of (it is so quite that the waveform is invisible). A2-A5 are various exports based on various settings in the "Range" export option. Previously, if the "Source In-Out" range was selected, then the resulting export would fit perfectly between the In-Out Markers. However, now, there's two empty frames at the beginning and 16 empty frames at the end.

Am I losing my mind? Am I forgetting some essential setting that is doing this? Or did Adobe try to push out an update before the end of the year at the expense of their users and their software's functionality?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

I figured out that this is because of the open source LAME mp3 encoder:

https://lame.sourceforge.io/tech-FAQ.txt

I can use WAV to avoid this issue but I'll see if I can get a smaller file size.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't replicate. Is this only on this sequence/project, or on others as well?

First thing I'd do is close the project, dump all cache files. Relaunch.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you suspect it has something to do with the version of Premiere Pro that you are using, use Creative Cloud Desktop to install an older version along side the current version.

Also, make sure that the audio format is AIF or WAV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out that this is because of the open source LAME mp3 encoder:

https://lame.sourceforge.io/tech-FAQ.txt

I can use WAV to avoid this issue but I'll see if I can get a smaller file size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting the follow up.

When it comes to audio, mp3 is a delivery format.  Although, Premiere Pro makes it too easy to use it as source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, the correct answer is actually, "make sure that the audio format is AIF or WAV."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines