Incorrect Colour Spaces in Premiere Pro 2022

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to start a thread about the persistent issues with Premiere Pro incorrectly importing material so Slog3 material doesn't display correctly, and needs manually interpreting as Rec709, and I also saw it interpret Rec709 as BT2020 today.

Are other users experiencing this issue? I've seen a lot of videos about it on YouTube, and find my FX9 material appears far too magenta even after I manually change the colour space.

Can someone from Adobe come back with an update on when this should be addressed. It's been around for quite a few months now and several version of PP2022 as far as I can see.

Thanks

Rob

TOPICS
Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is but a user to user forum.

Please post your issue here:

Premiere Pro: user voice – Adobe video & audio apps

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Define "incorrectly importing" please ... as that media doesn't have an inherent color space, and can be easily worked for either HDR or SDR/Rec.709 ... ?

And I'm quite serious ... as it could easily be argued that media should be HDR or SDR depending on what the user wants to do.

Premiere used to be a Rec.709/SDR app totally ... with the 2022 builds, we got a completely reworked underlying system. Which unfortunately 1) wasn't really complete at 'launch' 2) has had additional bits rolled out every patch since and 3) has the new CM controls spread all over the app.

So at current, the 'default' is to the wider space if a clip could be either.

I've argued with the devs that we need a single color management PANEL ... just like say the ECP or the EGP or Lumetri ... where all color management settings/defaults/overrides are located. That might get what you would like, the ability to set a default for specific format/codecs.

It would be very useful if all viewers went over on my link below and upvoted so we could get an actual, workable color management setup in PrPro.

Neil

Color Management Panel

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines