• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ingest

Guide ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the purpose of this "Ingest"? Simple explanation is highly appriciated. Because I went through many YouTube videos but those are very wider explanation. I was unable to grasp the point.

1.png 

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One definition: Ingest is the process of capturing, transferring, or otherwise importing different types of video, audio, or image media into editing tools in order to use it in a program.

It is "import," but with choices about how you do that. Copy the file from one drive to another? Build proxies etc?

See this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/ingest-proxy-workflow.html

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether INGEST is check mark or not I cannot see any different in copied file from one drive to another. I have not learned proxies yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Ingest check-box in the Media Browser is a way to enable/disable Ingest Settings for a project.

File > Project Settings > Ingest Settings... is another way to get to these same settings for a project.

If this is unchecked (off), files imported via the Media Browser will be imported into the Project with no further ingest action.

If this is (checked) on, files imported via the Media Browser will be imported into the Project and the corresponding ingest action will take place (Copy, Transcode, etc.).   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines