• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

inserting footage from the source monitor to the timeline is being magnified ,why?

New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

inserting footage from the source monitor to the timeline is being magnified ,why?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Likely you have a different sequence size vs video file. Like if you have a 4K clip (UHD) and a 1920x1080p timeline/sequence, by defualt it will come in 'magnified.

There's an option I leave set, which works well for that situation, be sure to use "SET" and not 'scale" to frame size.

MyerPj_0-1651524369938.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the frame size of the clip in the source monitor the same as the frame size of the sequence in the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likely you have a different sequence size vs video file. Like if you have a 4K clip (UHD) and a 1920x1080p timeline/sequence, by defualt it will come in 'magnified.

There's an option I leave set, which works well for that situation, be sure to use "SET" and not 'scale" to frame size.

MyerPj_0-1651524369938.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Si la opción que te dieron como solución no esta activa solo das cllick derecho y seleccionas set to frame size en los clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, but I can't access the Sequence Settings. Like the option is greyed out. If it helps, I am on a mac mini school computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same reply as above. If you have 4k footage and are working in a 1080p sequence, it comes in 'magnified' unless in the prefs (as above) you have default scaling as 'Set to Frame Size'. In the timeline, you can right-click the clip and select 'Set to Frame Size', same thing, it just happens by default if you have the pref set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines