• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insufficient media with nested clips

Engaged ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Premiere Pro novice.  I have a grasp on the basics.

I'm working with clips with speed changes and/or speed ramping that also require stabilization.  So I've nested the final clips and then applied Warp Stabilization.

The problem is that I also need to apply a Dip to Black effect between clips.  When the clips are not nested the Dip to Black effect works, but when I nest the clips and then apply the effect, I get the following warning and the final result is choppy.

2021-11-13 Premier Pro Insufficient Media.png

What's the solution to allow speed changes + warp stabilization + smooth transitions?  I haven't found the answer to that.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keyframe the opacity of each clip instead of using dip to black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the links and suggestion.

The full video is ready to go except for needing smooth Dip to Black transitions.  Like I said, the transitions were working nicely until I had to nest each clip to apply the Warp Stabilizer effect.

Since your suggestion, I've been looking at keyframing the opacity of each nested clip using the adjustment layer for each clip.  It looks like I can use a Subtract blend mode with 0% to 100% values to fade, but that also appears to affect the color treatment in each adjustment layer.  Am I missing something?

Also, are there efficient ways to copy these opacity keyframes to each clip?   I've tried Copy > Paste Attributes but that requires a lot of manual adjustments to account for each clip length.

This seems like an awful lot of work to do in Premier Pro when my understanding is that other products like DaVinci Resolve have no problem handling speed adjustments with stabilization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sounds like you are making it complicated. It's just two keyframes on the clip itself. Just ctrl-click the opacity line in the clip once where you want it the fade out to start, and another next to it and then drag that second keyframe down to the bottom and right where the clip ends.

Going for the ol' davinci thing, really... does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sounds like you are making it complicated. It's just two keyframes on the clip itself. Just ctrl-click the opacity line in the clip once where you want it the fade out to start, and another next to it and then drag that second keyframe down to the bottom and right where the clip ends.

Thanks.  I just played around with that.  Do you mean four keyframes (two at the start to fade in from black and two at the end to fade back to black) or am I still over-complicating this?  And is there a trick to efficiently copy those keyframes between clips or do I have to create them for each clip?

Going for the ol' davinci thing, really... does that help?

I'm not sure what you mean by that.  What's the "ol' davinci thing"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, two wherever you want to fade in or out. I just do it manually, it just takes 2 seconds. Or nest it again for the fade in / out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy clip with speed change and superimpose.

Extend both ends (1/2 duration transition)

Nest.

Trim back to original length.

Now you have your handles to make dip to black.

I agree with @MyerPj  on the DV thingy

If you think other software can do a better job, then go for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy clip with speed change and superimpose.

Extend both ends (1/2 duration transition)

Nest.

Trim back to original length.

Now you have your handles to make dip to black.

Thanks.  I'll look at that.

I'm getting the impression that DaVinci Resolve is an exposed nerve here?

Naturally.  I'm looking for the tool that lets me efficiently produce the best results.  I am hoping that Premiere Pro is that tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quotequote

I'm getting the impression that DaVinci Resolve is an exposed nerve here?

Naturally.  I'm looking for the tool that lets me efficiently produce the best results.  I am hoping that Premiere Pro is that tool.

By @FrostyOfTheNorth

No it is not but its getting pretty boring having to read those kind of remarks over and over again.

They don't add any valuable information to the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines