• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intermittent export issues where export will stop or result in blipy lines

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue where my videos either will not export, or will not export correctly. Part of my problem is I can not reliably re create the problem. Sometimes it exports exactly the way it should with no issues.

System info:

Trash Can Mac Pro

6 core cpu

32 gb RAM

1TB SSD

D700 GPU's

Footage on WD external Hard Drive

Problem:

When exporting a video in media encoder one of three things will happen. Listed in order of how often they happen

1. The time elapsed and time remaining clocks in media encoder will both stop and from the CPU usage I can see that nothing is rendering. If I pause the render and start it again the preview does not re-apear and nothing happens. If I hit the stop button and confirm that I want to stop the render, I get the beach ball of death and the application stops responding. After force quitting and telling the computer to restart it will not fully restart. It will close everything and my monitors go black, but it never starts back up. It isn't fully shut down though as the power button is still lit up and I've gotten the same result trying to just shut down instead of doing a restart. I then have to manually restart by holding the power button. Afterwards and premiere file that was open has been corrupted.

2. The video seems to export normally but upon watching it there are lines that bleep through the frame randomly. (these are not the same lines you would see from an issue with interlacing) Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 8.44.12 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-08 at 8.44.31 AM.png

If you look closely you can see the lines in the pictures here.

3. It exports completely normally totally fine.

I've had this issue these same results with multiple different projects, export settings, and with GPU acceleration set to software only (which can take a week) open cl and metal

Please help me!! I've got clients I need to deliver projects to and I'm getting way behind because of this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Someone on Facebook showed me this article Apple Launches Repair Program for Late 2013 Mac Pro Video Issues - Mac Rumors

which says there are known issues with the D500 and D700 GPU's. I took my computer into the apple store and they ran a diagnostic test and it failed the graphics portion. Because I am still within warranty they are fixing it free of charge.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read about this issue a little bit online, and the one common feature seems to be the D700 GPUs.  There are rumors and hints that faulty graphics chips found their way into the production line.  YMMV.

Cheers,

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone on Facebook showed me this article Apple Launches Repair Program for Late 2013 Mac Pro Video Issues - Mac Rumors

which says there are known issues with the D500 and D700 GPU's. I took my computer into the apple store and they ran a diagnostic test and it failed the graphics portion. Because I am still within warranty they are fixing it free of charge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidr22499686 wrote:

I took my computer into the apple store and they ran a diagnostic test and it failed the graphics portion. Because I am still within warranty they are fixing it free of charge.

Outstanding news!  I hope it fixes the problem and you can spend more time working and a lot less time worrying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure how to make this marked as not answered again, but even after apple fixed the gpu and replaced a faulty memory stick I'm still having the same export issues. I'm considering switching everything over to Final Cut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines