• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Iphone 14 Pro Color grading issues - Interpret footage does not fix.

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all. I recently filmed a short video with the iphone 14 pro in cinematic mode. No matter all the workarounds I cannot get it to color correct in premiere. Even when I do get it to look nice in the project, the export is waaay over saturated and overexposed. Anyone else have any luck? 

Note* I have already tried interpreting the footage with rec.2020. That helped on the ipone13 but not 14.

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As the links Ann listed will say ... you need to do basic user color management in Premiere Pro since the 2022 version shipped near a year ago.

IF you want to work with HDR with those HLG clips, which can be problematic for a number of reasons ... you need to set your Sequence color management to Rec2100/HLG. And use a Rec2100/HLG export preset. Besides making sure your monitor and OS are actually capable of proper HDR workflows. Which many really aren't sticking the landing on yet.

IF you want to use those clips in an SDR/Rec.709 "standard" workflow, then you must select one or more clips in the Project panel, right-click/Modify/Interpret Footage and set the Override value to Rec.709. Make sure your sequence CM is Rec.709, and use a standard Rec.709 export preset.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines