• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iphone vfr problem

Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so a client shot some material on her iphone (I think it's an XS).  And the clips are all variable frame rate, but the frame rates are all over the place.   We prefer to use EditReady for the conversion to constant frame rate as we prefer to convert to prores at the same time...  but not sure how to handle this conversion in EditReady or Handbrake for that matter.  I'm guessing that for the clips that are close to 29.97, I should just convert to 29.97 (30p) but at a loss about the other ones.  Audio is NOT an issue as these are all b-roll shots and we will not need the audio... iphone vfr footage.png

I doubt the client knows what her settings on the iphone were.  And she shot some material yesterday after we'd had the chance to go over her settings and they were all approximately 29.97 and EditReady did the conversion to cfr and prores without issue...  

thanks as always

Michael G

TOPICS
Editing , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gonna try using editready to make them all 29.97 cfr and will see what happens.  Will report back...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try converting the lowest frame rate to 30P and see how it looks.

If OK, then use 30P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

just used editready to batch convert to 30P.  And the low frame rate ones come in sped up.  Figure if we need them (doubt they'll be usable) can always slow them down or interpret them to something approximating their original frame rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines