• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is a dedicated GPU ABSOLUTELY necessary to run Adobe Premier Pro?

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is a dedicated GPU ABSOLUTELY necessary to run Premier Pro? 

I`m just starting into editing and am in the market for a new laptop that can run Premier Pro and that I can bring with me on the go for editing whilst travelling. 

I`m looking at a ASUS Zenbook 13UX325EA 13.3" Laptop with Intel Core i7, 512 GB SSD that does NOT have a dedicated GPU.

How important is it to have a dedicated graphics card when it comes to running Premier Pro, editing process, rendering ect? Will it be possible with these specs and just a tad slower in comparison to a system with a dedicated GPU or is it just completely unsuitable? 

Will mostly be looking to edit 1080p footage witht the potential for 2.7k down rhe road a bit? 

Any responses highly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Editing , Hardware or GPU , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not absolute necessary, but will make life a lot easier.

Not having a dedicated card means it won't be a tad slower, it will be significant slower when it comes to editing, rendering and exporting.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/gpu-acceleration-and-hardware-encoding.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ann, 

Thank you so much for the reply. I forgot to mention in my original post that the paticular laptop I am looking at actually has an INTEGRATED graphic card, The Intel Iris Xe Graphics Card. 

Given that is has an onboard integrated graphics card along with Intel Core i7, 512 GB SSD and 16GB RAM, 

would this be sufficent to run Preimer Pro for editing up to 2.7k footage? 

Appreciate the response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines