• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to create subtitles in multiple languages?

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I created subtitles for a video - which worked very well. Now, as we have a multlingual audience I woud like to provide the audience the option to select between different localized subtitles when watching the video, instead of publishing three videos, each with burned in subtitles in one language. Basically like in every movie you can stream where you select subtitles off, langugae 1, language 2 etc. 

Is this possible? If yes is there any guidance how to create those different subtitles? 

Thanks. 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

yes you can:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes you can:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Joost - this would be the solution when I want to have several languages displayed in one video at the same time. What I was thinking of is a drop down menu (like in Netflix when streaming a video) where I can select, which subtitle is displayed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sort of thing has to be added by the distribution service/servers. I sat through an explanation once at NAB ... and it was way over my experience/knowledge of tech details.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on the playback service. But for Youtube, create each language in a separate caption track. Export an srt for each language. Upload the srt to Youtube in the subtitle area for your movie.

Lots of particulars and gotchas. Ask more questions as you test this workflow....

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes sure, it is very easy and simple to create subtitles in different languages by using Adobe Premier Pro. By Using Adobe Premier Pro I have create subtitles in different langauges for wingstop menu. You can also do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey there,

It's awesome that the subtitles worked smoothly for your video! Providing viewers with the option to choose between different localized subtitles is a fantastic idea for a multilingual audience. Instead of creating separate videos, you can explore platforms that support multiple subtitle tracks, allowing users to pick their preferred language, just like in streaming movies.

As for guidance, it depends on the platform you're using. Popular ones like YouTube or Vimeo usually have features to upload multiple subtitle tracks. You'd typically upload each set of subtitles as a separate file for each language.

And if you're looking for an efficient solution, video translator tools like Wavel AI could come in handy. They can translate your existing subtitles into different languages, streamlining the process. Just double-check for accuracy to ensure a seamless viewer experience.

Hope this helps! Feel free to reach out if you've got more questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines