• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is it possible to show all clips in a project?

Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be a an obvious thing that I've missed and I've searched the forum and done a google...  (it's called due-diligence)...  Would be nice to be able to display all clips in a project so I can make sure that all relevant clips have proxies generated and attached...  I've been brought in to wrangle a large pre-existing documentary project and would be useful to easily check this... instead of opening every bin.  I've created a metadata display preset so all I'm seeing is the proxy field (so I've at least figured that part out).  Thinking maybe that there's a way to make this work using the "new search bin" command...  Would be great if I could walk in to the client's tomorrow with the solution rather than have to figure it out in front of him...   (I do like to be the smartest guy in the room or at least give that impression).

Thanks as always and can't say this enough:  This is an amazing resource.  In the process of authoring a complicated DVD project in Scenarist which has horrible documentation and almost non-existant support at a monthly rate that is disgusting...   Oh, for a scenarist support forum...   

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Two ideas:

1. you can open all bins by opening one with ALT pressed.

2. you could create a search bin with for example a "1" in the metadata. Most likely ervery clip will show up, i guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ideas:

1. you can open all bins by opening one with ALT pressed.

2. you could create a search bin with for example a "1" in the metadata. Most likely ervery clip will show up, i guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

opening all bins should do it.  I've already got a metadata display setup for proxy only...    Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The quickest way that I can think of is to show Proxy (or Proxy Status) in the Metadata Display of the Project tab and then go into List View and expand all Bins and all sub-Bins.  On a large project, you'll have to scroll for a little bit, but it avoids having to setup the Metadata Display at the Bin level.  As a double-check, the Find dialog box can be used in List View in the Project tab.  It only finds things one at a time, but collapsed Bins will expand to show the Find results.

WarrenHeaton_0-1657496441868.png

A very quick way to answer "Is there a Proxy for this shot?" is to have used the "Add Watermark" check box when creating proxies in first place - of course, that requires the person you're taking over for to have done it.

Sonic Scenarist... now there's a DVD authoring solution that I have not thought about for a very long time.  Once upon a time, I owned a license with two business partners.  Back in the days of America Online, there was a DVD user group based out of Burbank, California... there are names of people I thought I'd never forget that I a forgetting right now.

If you get stuck in Scenarist, I know an expert.  I just cannot speak for him in regards to answering quesitons as a professional courtesy or asking a consulting fee (send me a direct message).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Warren, I do prefer the watermarked proxy solution, but my client finds it distracting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines