• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to superimpose clips in adobe Premiere Pro CC?

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

I've been using Adobe Premiere for quite a while, but I wonder if a certain feature can be set in the software: When you have one clip (doesn't matter if video or audio or anything else) and you want to add another clip on the same track on top of the clip (just because you're editing and trying to figure out if you take this clip or the other), they do not superimpose. Instead, the first clip is cut. Now we all know this and for sure, it is a feature of Premiere. However, in other editing softwares I've seen that it is possible to superimpose clips on the same track and the first clip doesn't get cut.

So my question is: is there any setting to activate/deactivate the behavior of two superimposed clips? I've searched on google and here in the community, but I did not find an answer.

So, I would appreaciate any sincer help.

BR Fabian 

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You stack a video clip on top of another clip on a second video track, and then reduce the opacity of that top track to 50% so you can view both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

thanks for your answer! In fact, I am aware that you can do that and for this purpose it works fine.

But for me, it is not about the final result rather than it is about the workflow because for me it is annoying that when you drag a clip on top of another (intentional or not), you cut a part of the original clip which I do not want to do.

So do you if it's possible to drag and drop a clip on a track where there is already a clip?

BR Fabian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can drag and drop a clip on a track where there is already a clip.  What results is an overwrite edit which, as you've described, replaces a portion of the existing clip with the clip you have dragged and dropped. 

Two video clips cannot occupy the same timeframe on the same track.

If you require the ability to assess multiple clips at the same time, then you might want to look into setting up a multicam sequence: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/premiere-pro/using/create-multi-camera-source-sequence.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Matt,

again thank you for your reply. OK, good to know that this feature is not implemented in Premiere. I've worked with Magix Vegas where stacking of clips doesn't affect the lower clip and found this feature quite helpful.

Nontheless, Premiere is a good Software.

BR Fabian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines