Is my footage ruined?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A local football team had me shoot their game over the weekend. I've never seen my footage look the way it does.. It seems like there's banding going on from the lights but at the same time, it doesn't. The footage taken during warm up and in the locker room look great. 

Footage was shot at 120fps using HLG3-2020 Picture Profile.

I will attach a clip to show you what the footage looks like. I put it on an old youtube account that I don't use anymore. You'll see what looks like a brown band going through the footage.  

Please let me know what you think

Thank you

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Export, Formats, How to, Import, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ahh... rolling banding. It was your camera settings in relation to the lights at the location that did this. You don't have much that you can do outside of maybe making a mask that rolls with it to do a color correction. So, short story is that yes, your footage is wrecked.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect.. Thanks for your comment! 

Have you ever heard of DigitalAnarchy.com ? They sell a flicker free plugin.. Of course it looks legit in all the examples. Do you have any experience with that or an opinion on it?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always try out the trial.

DEFlicker - RE:Vision Effects

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never tried it, sorry. Hopefully it'll work though if you really need this footage!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once saved a show with DA's Flicker Free - we had a half hour show and one of the studio LED lights was flickering but not noticed in the control room. Flicker Free removed it entirely.

That said - huge render time and in your case it's a bit more tricky (due to camera movement) and may not be as effective ... but as Ann said - try the trial for either Digital Anachy's Flicker Free or RevisionFX DE:Flicker

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines