• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Smart Rendering working in Premiere CC 22.5?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originally was following the Frame.io Workflow https://workflow.frame.io/guide/smart-rendering
I have a Windows 10 Intel Core i9-12900K PC workstation with an Nvidia RTX 3080-Ti, and 64GB of RAM. The footage is on a RAID connected via a SATA connection to USB3.0.

I've been rendering my sequences and then exporting mixdowns to ProRes422 MOV using the "Match Sequence Preview Settings" preset + checking "Use Previews" under the General dropdown....however my exports don't seem to be any faster...it used to leap through the rendered sections in 22.2 quickly. Currently, it looks like I'm getting real-time rendering at best (1:30 of video took a 1:30 to export)...is this feature working in 22.5, or am I doing it wrong? Here are my sequence settings & export settings:

josearm_0-1657599667298.png

josearm_1-1657599765444.png

josearm_2-1657599806475.png

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Formats , Import , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, josearm,

Sorry about that. Which effect are you adding on export? For video settings, are you choosing Match Source? Hope we can assist!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not adding any video effects on my end and I've tried clicking match source.

I might need to adjust my expectations...is there any baseline test or indicator I can use to determine if the Smart Render function is triggering? I previously used the sudden jumps in the render bar as a sign it was working.

My main issue is that there is no visual indicator that it is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines