Is there a control in Premiere audio to hear a track but not b part of the output?

Enthusiast ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry this may be an out there question....

I don't think there is but wanted to ask. I play guitar and want to put a voice track on one track of the timeline and then on another track the backing track [perhaps bass guitar]. These two tracks would be synched of course. I then want to plug my guitar mic into my computer and put that on a 3rd track. What I then want to do is press a button inside of premiere and it will allow me to hear the backing track in my headphones but the *output* will NOT include this backing track. The output will only play the voice and my guitar playing. 

Then when I export this, I simply can mute the backing track and have voice and guitar in the export. Is this possible? I know some out of the box audio mixers have this but wanted to be sure.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Audio , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022
I'm slightly confused as to exactly what you're doing. You can mute a track to stop it being mixed into your final export. You can use the Voiceover functionality to playback whatever is on your tracks whilst you record on another. So you could have voice on A1, Bass on A2, then record your guitar on A3. Then when you export, just mute A2.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm slightly confused as to exactly what you're doing. You can mute a track to stop it being mixed into your final export.

You can use the Voiceover functionality to playback whatever is on your tracks whilst you record on another. So you could have voice on A1, Bass on A2, then record your guitar on A3. Then when you export, just mute A2.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines