• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to complain on Adobe Creative Cloud?

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had so many issues with this software. I am a student, and need to use Premiere Pro to edit my coursework (which isn't working), and have spent nearly a week trying to download and redownload it, as it cannot be downloaded on an external hard drive and my laptops storage is not big enough. It downloads and then opens, but is very glitchy and basically doesn't work at all. The free trial worked through my external hard drive perfectly, and I got around 3/4 of the way through my editing when it ran out, so I paid for it and it doesn't work. This is all very stressful, as my coursework is due in soon and I have been unable to continue it in any way. I cannot down save the file, and do it at school, as that isn't a function for some reason. So basically I'm stuck paying for a file which doesn't work, and I really don't want to have to start my editing again, which I may have to do as this is all useless. I tried to access the customer support to download it onto my hard drive, which took me half an hour to get into contact with anyone, and then they took control of my computer and did stuff for about an hour and a half. At the very end of this ordeal, they say basically I can't use it. I have been trying my hardest to complain about these issues all day but there is no way to complain?? Clicking on 'contact us' just brings up the customer support I used before, which is not helpful at all. Basically, Adobe has had me chasing my tail around the same pages over and over when all I need to do is complain to someone so my issue can be picked up.

I discovered this forum and tried to voice my issue here when I found it was incredibly hard to find the way to start a discussion. The user interface is honestly awful and I spent ages trying to find a way to start a discussion. Every link took me to the same pages or something completely useless and I am getting really stressed.

Is there a way to make a complaint??

I am paying money for this basically useless software, and I need someone to address my issues.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your complaint here is noted - but a complaint isn't going to solve your issue.  I believe there is a Facebook outlet for complaints but have no indication it does more than what you have done here.

You need to get Support to help you, but if they indicate your system cannot handle the software, they might have a point.  If the software was working at some point it is possible a system update might have thrown things out of whack.

In any case, what you should be able to do is to download the desktop app (only) to your machines main drive, then you can download and install the applications on a separate storage device/drive.  Have you tried that approach?

Change Install Location for Applications

With the CC application opened, choose the little gear icon in the upper right corner and then choose Preferences.  In the Preferences screen select Creative Cloud and then look for the Install Location drop down

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless Adobe has changed something, programs will install to a different internal drive, but NOT to the external drive that was mentioned

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Professional video editing requires LOTS of hard drive space.  You'll need to accommodate that.

Additionally, for best performance and organization purposes, you should be working with a minimum of five internal hard drives.

C: System

D: Project files, audio files, image files

E: Cache & Scratch

F: Camera media

G: Exports

Finally, I would not recommend using anything less than a 24" 1080 monitor.

For these reasons and more, Laptops just aren't well suited for video editing.  You need a proper workstation at this level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you manage to file a proper complaint?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is about 4.5 years old... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this thread is old, but for people coming accros this post, just know that if you want to edit videos on a software like Premiere Pro, you need a very good computer, not a 400$ laptop from Walmart. And as Jim said, professional video editing requires lots of hard drive space, and you better have a SSD by the way. You do not work from an app you've on your external drive this is way too slow.

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Old thread: locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines