• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Is there a way to disable clips from snapping to the CTI, but still snap to other clips?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to disable clips from snapping to the CTI? Often times I move clips around and want them to snap to each other but if the cursor is nearby they want to snap to it instead. I then have to move the CTI for it to snap properly to the clip. I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds this very annoying.

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think what you're asking for is an option. Maybe go to Adobe's User Voice forum and request this behavior. 

Here's a link: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can disable Snapping while clicking and dragging.

So, as the left or right edge of the Clip (or Clips) that you are dragging approaches the Playhead, press "s" to disable Snapping so that the Playhead will be ignored.  As you continue to drag and you are ready to snap to something (like other Clip Boundaries or Markers) press "s" again to enable Snapping.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines