Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Is there a way to enumerate cameras without Multicam?

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am currently editing an outdoor (windy) wedding ceremony and premiere is not finding a sync point, which is to be expected because of the obscene amount of wind noise. My question is, if I line up points were the audio syncs on my timeline, is there a way to then use my 1-3 keys to switch cameras as needed? 

Thanks in advance. 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a sequence then "manually" turn that into a multi-cam sequence. The best explanation for that is Jarle Leirpoll's incredibly complete tome on editing processes in Premiere Pro ... The Cool Stuff in Premiere Pro. It's available as an ebook and is over 1200 pages including extensive table of contents and indexes.

Manually creating a multicam has a couple concerns on starting ... what audio you need and that should be set on the sequence before adding clips to it.

• For most purposes, create multi-channel audio sequences with two audio channels assigned per track. This can effectively work as stereo without the issues that stereo tracks would cause.
  • If after changing the sequence to multi-cam, you want to be able to switch audio channels by camera choice, you need to use adaptive audio tracks instead.
  • Simply adding mulitple mono channels to a sequence then enabling Multicam can cause messed up audio tracks.

So setup your sequence, including the audio tracks you'll be needing, then add the clips to the sequence and sync them either manually or via 'sync'. After that, there are several different methods for creating the multi-cam depending on whether say you want to keep all audio or track audio by cam or use only audio from X track.

For example, keeping all audio tracks but 'using' Cam 1 ... after syncing, select all the video tracks, Nest, then right-click, Multi-cam/enable. Also enable multi-cam in your Program monitor as needed.

I do recommend Jarle's book for this sort of thing. I was so impressed by the ebook, that when I saw the MASSIVE printed version on a shelf at Adobe MAX 2019, I didn't even check the price. I just grabbed it and took it to the checkout. So yes, I have it on my tablet and the massive paperback 1225 page 'version' sitting by my main editing computer. And I use both constantly.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can bring the camera footage into the source monitor and set a marker at a common visual sync point that you see on each camera. 

Then when you create your multicam sequence synchronize to un numbered marker.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines