• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to paste / replace only one attribute on the same effect accross multiple clips?

Participant ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to apply just one attribute of one effect that is applied on multiple clips accross timeline. I cannot find any way to overwrite just this one particular attribute in one particular effect - all I can do is just copy/paste the whole effect on top of the previous one. In the end I found myself changing the attribute manually clip by clip - thankfully I only got a dozen of them, but what if it's much more?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very easy, but you're looking in the wrong place. And yes, there are so many places to look!

Select a clip in the timeline panel ... right-click, "Copy".

Then select one or more clips, right-click, "Paste Attributes". A dialog pops up, and you select which attributes (effects) you want to paste onto the selected clips.

That example you provided would be by leaving the "Motion" item selected, as you see, it's in the Motion group.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, sorry - no, that wouldn't work, that's exactly why I am asking this question. As I mentioned - I need to overwrite only one attribute inside one effect, not copy paste the whole item. Yes - the Motion group can be overwritten because it is a built in effect. But a manually added effect cannot be overwritten - it can only be added and will stack up on top of all the existing effects. And again - this method will not copy/paste separate attribute items - only the whole effect group...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anwer is no.

You cannot just select one parameter within an effect, all parameters will come across.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I thought... sad news and very strange not to have this option in such a robust software...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another function I cant find is to Replace attributes - all at once - via hotkey.
Currently one has to copy from selected clip, go to clips to be replaced, choose first Remove attributes and in a second command paste attributes. If one just pastes directly they will be added on top of previous ones. I know one can create a preset but again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had that exact issue for years.. It should give you the ability to "replace attributes" with a simple prompt or box you have to check, rather than adding on top. It's so cumbersome and annoying, especially when you're correcting whole sequences and you're adjusting one tiny parameter, like color. How is this not a feature yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines