• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is there a way to turn off a dissolve (or other transition)

Community Expert ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I'm playing around with still animation or other motion parameters, I often want to turn off a dissolve to play with the motion controls...  Am I missing something obvious?  Wouldn't be the first time.    I usually delete the transition, and then reapply it after I've tweaked the motion parameters.  would be a nice feature if it's not already available...  

thanks as always...  and if I'm missing something, would appreciate learning how I would have figured it out.  I remember back in the day calling avid support about how to change the timecode of a sequence from dropframe to non dropframe... The support guy was kind of obnoxious about where it was in the manual.  When I asked him how I would have found it.. he stf up...   

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully I'm missing something obvious too - always had the same issue when dissolving images that are animated.

My first thought was that it would be nice if Premiere had a 'show ALL keyframes' option in the timeline similar to After Effects - but then the fundamental difference is that Premiere can have multiple elements in one layer whereas in AE all elements are their own layer ... so that can't work. Maybe a 'dissolve mute' button (like Global FX Mute).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry what you're asking for doesn't exist in Premiere. You may want to do a feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks.  Will do.  but always a good idea to ask first...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines