• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to uninstall Frame.io from Premiere Pro 2024?

Engaged ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I do not need Frame.io as a separate tab in Premiere Pro since I do not use it. It reappears each time I reset my workspace. Is there a way to completely uninstall in from Premiere Pro? I don't see in in my Creative cloud to do that. Maybe throught the Debug menu?

Yes, I know I can save a separate workspace without it, I just need it in my software. Besides this tab sometimes makes the whole tab block freeze until I close it.

TOPICS
Experiment , Freeze or hang , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

As Warren alludes, you can't remove the frame.io panel from the app anymore than you can remove any other "native" panel. It's not a plugin or extension, it's as much part of the app as the Lumetri panel.

If as you say, you know how to save workspaces, one would assume you do understand that you can't modify and save the pre-built workspaces and get the 'save' to take. They will always stay their normal view.

BUT ... you can save to a new named custom workspace. I've got like nine of them, perso

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrameIO included and integrated.  To avoid it, we need to use a Workspace that that does not show the Review with FrameIO panel or save one that does not show it.

Close the Review in FrameIO panel and then immediately choose Workspaces > Save changes to this Workspace.  From that point onward, the panel should not reapear when you reset that custom Workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Warren, thak you for the answer but I think I wrote I knew how to save workspaces. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought you mentioned that it is reappearing after you reset your workspace?

No, there is no way to uninstall the Review with FrameIO panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Warren alludes, you can't remove the frame.io panel from the app anymore than you can remove any other "native" panel. It's not a plugin or extension, it's as much part of the app as the Lumetri panel.

If as you say, you know how to save workspaces, one would assume you do understand that you can't modify and save the pre-built workspaces and get the 'save' to take. They will always stay their normal view.

BUT ... you can save to a new named custom workspace. I've got like nine of them, personally. That would do what you want. Then in the Workspaces dropdown, edit them, and move the built-in one you are replacing to the "do not show" grouping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines