• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any tutorial for the time remapping playhead handles?

Participant ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched online but most of the tutorials are super adequate. I do not even know if I even spelled it correctly.

I have questions

1. What is this in the middle? I cannot drag it, grab it or whatever. Does it just show the middle point? Why it looks like a mini waveform?

Cobra_0-1655920505195.png

2. How to move the whole speed playhead? If you click and drag it splits in two pieces and you can just move them around

Cobra_1-1655920710281.png

3. I cannot place a speed playhead at the beggining of the clip. I want to speed up a part that is at the beginning of the clip

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/duration-speed.html

1. you need to have set a speed change first in order to use the blue curve controle to set the curve of the ramp.

AnnBens_0-1655928936161.png

2.  Its not a playhead but rather two keyframes for the curve control.

3. Dont use the keyframes just drag the line up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I delete one keyframe? If I hit delete it deletes the clip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it shortens the clip at whatever speed you have chosen. If you look closely to the previous clip, you'll see that a single frame has remained on the timeline. Drag it out and you'll see the clip status without the speed keyframe you just deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a correct answer for my question. I want to know how to DELETE a keyframe that was accidentaly placed. 

Cobra_0-1657875461715.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried hitting the DEL button on your keyboard?

Doing that may result in the seemingly disappearing of the clip on the tineline. This is the result of the speed change you implemented prior to deletion. It's not gone, but only one frame remaines on the timeline. Drag it out to the right and you'll see your other keyframes again. Of course this may mean you temporarily have to drag it to a free video track above your edit.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Select keyframe and hit Del, that should do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tutorials like this one will help you understand the feature better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpph9lvoEVU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines