• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there anywhere that I can download a 64 bit version of Premiere Pro 2018?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my mac recently to 12.0.1, and now my computer doesn't support 32 bit programs. I don't want to update to the latest premiere pro software as the 2018 version is the one that I am comfortable the most with. Is there anywere I can download a 64 bit version of it? Does it exist?

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try ProDesignTools.com, see if it still works.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2018-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried downloading and installing from here but there's only one version included and it's the 32 bit version unfortunately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be time to upgrade...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know Premiere 2018 is 64 bits only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried downloading and installing from here but there's only one version included and it's the 32 bit version unfortunately. 

By @hillboy_usa

AFAIK, Premiere Pro has been 64-bit only since 2013, so if you have problems installing 2018 it must be related to something else than 64-bit v.s 32-bit. Probably the OS is too new for old apps. In the world of computers 2018 is old. Sometimes it´s a great fact, many times it´s painful...

@Kevin-Monahan Thoughts? 🙂

Can you install the latest version? You wrote that you are not comfortable with that, but does it even install? (Version 22.2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah the newer versions install just fine. When I try to install 2018 my MAC gives me a pop up that says:

“Install” needs to be updated. 

The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information.

When I click the "learn more" button it brings me to this apple support page that says it's a problem with 32 bit compatibility, which lead me to make this post here on the Adobe support forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry.

When I try to install the 2018...

There is no installer, unfortunately. You install via Creative Cloud. Creative Cloud no longer has this application available for installation, though. Only the last two versions can be installed. 

If you needed to have legacy versions installed four years later, as there are people like that, an idea I like to tell people is to preserve that hard drive and do not update the disk, the application, or the version of Windows or macOS. Keep it frozen in time. It sounds like it might be too late for this idea, but one needs to do to preserve old versions and projects.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doing some upgrades today. The current boot (m.2) disk is being archived, ie: kept the same, so I have it just as it is, and can install it if need be. I have my 2011-2017 build running in another room, and this will be the archive of my 2017-2022 build. I always save the c: drives from various machines as Kevin suggests and I keep them as they are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“Install” needs to be updated. 

The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information.

By @hillboy_usa

O.k, got it!

The installer for 2018 will never get any more updates from Adobe so the only way is to downgrade the OS or get used to one of the two versions available, iow v15 or v22.

From a workflow perspective there is almost no difference between 2018 and the latest version. Import is the same, edit is the same, export is the same, the user interface is the same, etc. These days each new version is, IMHO, just minor updates compared to the way it was back in the day when a new version could bring whole new interface, etc, etc.

Kevins tip how to preserve legacy versions is great.

I hope you will find a solution that suits your needs. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay I understand, thanks for the info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines