• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is this thing seriously the only 5.1 panner?

Enthusiast ,
Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I've checked the "documentation" for this, but found squat.

Is this puny square the only surround panner? It's impossible to even keep the track centered as you move it forward or backward. And it's a white dot on a light-grey background, to top it off.

Thanks for any insight.

mixerControls.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

, yes that´s the only option in Premiere Pro.

However, you can send the audio from Premiere Pro directly to Adobe Audition and use the way better Track Panner among overall better tools aviable in Audition. Helpful video: How to Mix 5.1 Surround in Premiere Pro & Audition CC | Adobe Creative Cloud - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the little dial icons or click & drag?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

, yes that´s the only option in Premiere Pro.

However, you can send the audio from Premiere Pro directly to Adobe Audition and use the way better Track Panner among overall better tools aviable in Audition. Helpful video: How to Mix 5.1 Surround in Premiere Pro & Audition CC | Adobe Creative Cloud - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Averdahl's suggestion of going to Audition for fine controls is wise. Audition is a pretty well featured digital audio app, and if you send the whole sequence over (edit sequence rather than edit clip) you get a great process between PrPro/Audition/PrPro.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, guys. I like Audition and use it a lot, but I didn't want to have it create a bunch of new audio tracks. But if I can edit the sequence directly and then just come back and have the levels set, I'll try it.

You can't use the asinine dials in this puny square to adjust channel balance; you have to drag the dot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too bad it's not working better. Good  thing to post on over on the UserVoice system  ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mobius Strip,

Sorry for this shortcoming. Please place your request here: Premiere Pro: Hot (2643 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Kevin.

I did. Re-reading it, it sounds a bit pissier than I intended, but hey I was pissy.  I appreciate that you guys have lots on your plates.

Hopefully there's a quick fix you can throw in with minimal development effort to at least let us enter precise values.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, but then without special plug-ins (or someting) you cannot hear isolated center tracks with headphones (as you can in Premiere).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines