Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Issue with audio/video synching when sharing xml files for sequences

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with my co-editor on a joint video project in Premiere Pro. We are in different locations and are trying to share video sequences with eachother to both edit on different parts of the project. 

We have the same source material saved in the same way on separate external hard drives and are working from the same master file. 

We have been sharing sequences by exporting them as xml files. But, once the other person imports that xml file into their Premiere project, Premiere will ask to locate the audio file and then the video and audio are not properly synched on the timeline (even though they were correctly synched in the original exported sequence).

Please let us know how to fix this issue so that the video and audio synches correctly. How do you share sequences with another editor after you've edited them?

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, Error or problem, Export, How to, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wouldn't do it this way, that's the hard way to do it.

Create a Team Project, invite your co-editor to work on the project. The project files live in the CC Cloud and you can work away simply sharing changes.

My partner is in Cape Town SA, I'm in Oregon, USA. We do a lot of work via Team Projects.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines