• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with keyframing

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UGG this is going to be one to explain. I still consider myself a newbie so all do y best to explain and include screenshots. Ive been trying to make an intro video to a possible you tube channel. I found a video template and i wanted to have the title of the channel roll across the screen in smoke and then roll back out and dissapear. I found a video however it succceeds in rolling out the title but doesnt roll it back. So i tpyd around with the key rames trial and error for some time and i was actually able to get the title to roll back and disapear however ive been beating my brain for the last hour and i just cant figure out how to get the smoke to roll back with the title. I hope i explained this correct and i dunno maybe its something simple im just not doing. any help would be appreciated.

V1 : Template

V2: Smoke effect

V3: Text completed using Legacy option

Screenshot #1 Smoke effect moving to left revealing the words.

Screenshot #2 Text retreating without the smoke following.

Also if you have nay questions that might help please feel free to ask as i will be checking this post often. Thank you.  ALso im using PR 2021 with Widows 10.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want both the title and smoke to move together at the same time, highlight both clips, right click, and choose nest.

Then apply your keyframes to the nest on the timeline.

If that's not what you want to do, please explain it in more detail or a different way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello bob first id like to say thank you for taking the time to help. I did as you advised and i nested the clips together (smoke/Text). However when i hit la back its unfortunately still doing the same thing. The soke and the text roll out and then the tetxt rolls back and dissapears like i want but the smoke doesnt come with it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just rereading what you said. You said apply the hest to the timeline i dnno if thats something differnt from what ive done. So ive included a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of the Nested Sequence.

If you can post a video of what you are doing while explaining what you want to accomplish, that might be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i went ahead and made a video showing the nested version of whats ocuring as you can see from the video the text  rolls out with the some but but when the text rolls back no matter what i do i can cant the smoke to goo with it from left to right. Thanks again for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry i recorded the wrong screen. All try again & this time all check prior to posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant seam to figure out why r recorder its not recording full screen this evening i hope this is o.k if not let me know and all  try again. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try adding a second smoke effect and reverse speed the footage. If you are willing to post the project and footage on dropbox we could have a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try what Richard suggested, also try to duplicate or make a copy of the smoke video,

rotate it 180 deg. and make it start where the text starts wiping out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All try and i posted a video of how the smoke isnt rolling with the words but all try to duplicate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant lie i made the duplicate andiv tried eveyway imaginable to run this backwards from the left to the right side of the screen and im just lost . I posted a video showing how the smoke rolls out with the words and i was able to figure out how to run the words back in reverse using key frames but ive tried everything i can imagine with the smoke but nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The offer still stands if you want to share the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not sure what it is exactly you want me to do. Please explain. Thank you Richard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can send me the files either by Dropbox or your CC account I can have a look at them and see if I can create the cloud effect you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Richard i just wantedto saythanks for the offer but i have to be able to own up and say this has just gone beond my real of knowledge combined with the fact ive worked on this so long im getting totally behind my narrtion writing and story designs. I still hung with the smoke though i just decided though to do a double left to right wipe. Pehaps not what i originally had envisioned but loks good though. Thnks again have a great day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines