Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ryzen 2600x

16 GB 3000mhz Ram

GTX 1080

Windows 10

Latest Version of Premiere Pro CC

Clips are 1080x1920 (vertical orientation) clips taken on an iPhone. Clips were uploaded to Vimeo, I then downloaded the clips in their original .mov format. The frame rate is 30.01. When played on "windows media player" or "movies & tv" there is no issue. One imported into Premiere Pro there's glitching, the clip will start over towards the end, jumps in frames. I've tried messing with sequence settings, changing file locations, I really can't figure this one out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

That's VFR, variable frame rate. Pr is somewhat capable of handling that media but especially some iPhone clips can be problematic.

First thing to try is select the media in a bin and right-click/modify/interpret assume 30fps.

Then use that on a new sequence.

If that doesn't work transcode in Handbrake to CFR.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's VFR, variable frame rate. Pr is somewhat capable of handling that media but especially some iPhone clips can be problematic.

First thing to try is select the media in a bin and right-click/modify/interpret assume 30fps.

Then use that on a new sequence.

If that doesn't work transcode in Handbrake to CFR.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

modify/interpret to assume 30fps didn't seem to work. Trying your handbrake solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil handbrake to constant frame rate did it! Thank you for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most welcome. Just like to see people back at work ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Handbrake to constant frame rate worked for me as well! Thank you, Neil!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very new to premiere and don't know what it means to transcode in HandBrake to CFR. Can you help me out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Handbrake is a free open source program. Download and install.

Open a file or files in Handbrake, and in the Video tab check the CFR circle AND set a specific number for framerate. Set the compression/quality settings to "near placebo" to avoid further compression of your file

Export.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Neil, 

I've encoded the problematic video with Handbrake, now I'm wondering if I can import the video back to premiere pro and somehow connect it with my sequence so I don't need to re-edit the whole project again. Or there is no such way? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, silly question, figured it out! thanks for the help! It helped with the glitch, just did another silly mistake Handbrake added black frames. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, thanks for the answer.

Still I'm wondering why premiere (since we all pay dearly every month) is not able for these kind of things and that you come up with a third party "solution". As a video editing software company, you should be on top of these things! I've been updating since january, but still this problem exists.. Converting means wasting time, hope you will focus on improving the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Handbrake to CFR solved the issue for me thank you very much!

I started converting vids 1 by 1 until i saw this video explaining how to do it in batches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udWG-WBLZb0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Handbrake webpage won't load.     Adobe Media Encoder seems to be the fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Handbrake worked for me as well. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked perfectfully.
Thank you Very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked for me as well. Thank you Neil!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi! how did you solve this problem? I have this problem and I can't solve it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who is facing this problem in the future, please try to replace it with AE clip on Premiere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines