Issue with slow speech-to-text captions

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm messing around with the speech-to-text caption element to create some automated captions and it just will not finish the process of actually producing the captions.

I loaded a simple one minute clip onto the timeline and ran the automatic transciption. It worked great, and very quickly. However, when I click on "Create Captions", it takes me to the captions panel, and shows the "Creating captions..." dialogue with the grey progress bar underneath, but the bar never actually moves. It never makes progress.

I've left it running for a few hours now, and tried multiple different clips/settings and keep running into the same issue. Again, I'm using pretty simple one-minute clips just to give the new feature a trial, and the actual transcription is quick and accurate. Why won't it actually output to a useable captions track?

TOPICS
Editing, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021
It does not affect me or most users. But for those users it does affect, we have not found a workaround. Upvote this bug report: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/43854591--create-captions-not-working Stan

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It does not affect me or most users. But for those users it does affect, we have not found a workaround. Upvote this bug report:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/43854591--create-captions-n...

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines