Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with subtitles import from text file

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

A couple of weeks ago I transcribed a video in premiere. Then, i exported as a text file so a translator could translate it. Today i recceived said file again, but when i try to import it again as an .srt file premiere doesn't read it. I've been cheking it and it seem that the format of the text file is different from a .srt file, i has this format:

00:00:46:23 - 00:00:49:10

TEXT

MORE TEXT

I get they are different formats, but if premiere exported it that way, why can't i bring it back?

Is there any quick solution that doesn't involve spending an insanely amount of time copying and pasting?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Fabio,

They are actively working on a better method in the Beta version. But for now, using the text file export does not produce what you need to reimport

See this post for a method that may work for you

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/how-to-import-caption-txt-file-in-premiere-pro-2022/m-p/12483176#M374904

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fabio,

They are actively working on a better method in the Beta version. But for now, using the text file export does not produce what you need to reimport

See this post for a method that may work for you

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/how-to-import-caption-txt-file-in-premiere-p...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines