Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues accessing project assets from different MAC

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly, I am new to this...

Secondly, I made a project in Premiere Pro and saved it to the iCloud so I could still make edits.
When I then access my icloud from a different MAC, that is not my home MAC, most of the assets are unavailable as they appear to be attached to my Home MAC hard drive and not the project.
Is there a way to attach the original asset file (mp4, jpeg, etc) to the project so it is there wherever I open the project?
I really hope the answer is yes... 

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emberhoney,

A better way is to take iCloud out of the mix, which can create problems. Get a portable drive with your clips and project file and carry that to the other Mac. That'll work better. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Kevin.  
I just don't understand how this would work for a team if they didn't have access to the original assets.  I mean if I wanted my friend in Timbuktoo to work on the project, how could I make that a thing?
TIA 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Emberhoney,

I would work with someone in Timbuktu by creating a "Team Project" and invite them to the project. I'd upload proxies of the original footage to a location where my teammate could download them. That way, you'd both be working on media referenced by you. 

You want to avoid editing with media sitting in an iCloud, Dropbox, or OneDrive Share. Some high-speed services are available these days, like Lucid Link, which has virtual hard drives you can edit from. 

If you do not have Lucid Link, upload the media, and have your teammate transfer it to a fast hard drive after it is downloaded. You also do not want Premiere Pro to access your documents folder if these products control it. I have experienced issues by doing so too. I use iCloud, but I use it only for backing up other items besides my Documents folder.

Any questions? Let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines