• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues Decoding ProRes Raw

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am seeking help with importing Prores Raw in a windows environment.

PC Specs: AMD 5950x CPU

Radeon 6900 XT GPU

128 GB Ram

Using Windows 10 & 11

Using Adobe Premier Pro CC v22 (latest verison).

Apple Decoder  1.3 installed.

Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (Open CL) Choses in Premier Pro.

When I drag a the file into Premier , it does not decode and only audio plays. I have the latest Windows 11 updates and I event went back to Windows 10 and still doesnt decode.

I did my research before hand and I built this pricey pc hoping to be able to edit in Windows but maybe not haha. Any help would be appreciated.
I am getting the raw file from a Ninja V.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue on i7 with a radeon vii on windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems everyone with this issue has trouble with AMD cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if it's the AMD GPUs?

I've got a Threadripper 3960X w 128GB of RAM and a 2080Ti Nvidia GPU ... two ProRes RAW clips here,

RNeilHaugen_0-1642037280062.png

And  this one, recorded on someone's Ninja recorder ...

Ninja Recorded ProRes.PNG

Both work fine for me, though I've found it better to set the PrRes RAW colorspace setting in the Effects panel to CinemaGamutC/log-2 rather than use the "exposure" control. Then I can 'normalize' the clips real easy in Lumetri.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. Through my non stop searching. Most posts that I find that have issues are AMD GPU users. So I believe that to be my issue.

I have a 1080 sc2 to troubleshoot with but it isnt working right now. Will post any answers I find for future searchers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this seems to be related to the Open CL that AMD GPUs use (vs the Nvidia CUDA). Looking in the Console (ALT + F12) I seem to get an debug error on the RenderRequest.cpp.

<12508> <Assert> <0> Debug Assert failed!
Expression: dvacore::ResultSucceeded(result)
Process: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe
Process ID: 7940
Thread ID: 12508
Thread Name: Display Thread
File: ..\..\Src\RenderRequest.cpp
Line: 228
Function: AdobePlayer::RenderRequest::ProduceFrame
Last Error: 6
Assert Dialog Show:false
Callstack:
xRendererEntry
xRendererEntry
dvacore::threads::CreateAsyncThreadedExecutor
dvacore::threads::GetThreadName
dvacore::threads::GetThreadName
boost::detail::win32::handle_manager::swap
recalloc
BaseThreadInitThunk
RtlUserThreadStart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And forgot to mention you can change your timeline settings to use CPU (Software engine) and it seems to render ProRes RAW fine.... however your CPU probably wont be quick enough to render out frames fast enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the issue lies with AMD GPUS for sure.

I have a GTX 1080 SC2 that I was able to swap in and I am able to see the Prores RAW File without issues.

Not too familiar with adobe but I wonder if there is a way to still use the ability of the powerfull 6900 XT along side this older NVIDIA GPU.

Thank you all for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if @mattchristensen or @Francis-Crossman might pop in here please?

We seem to be showing an issue with AMD GPUs running in OpenCL with ProRes RAW ... not working. Some fine troubleshooting by some other users here!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tested this also on latest windows 10 with AMD PRO drivers with a Radeon VII, ProRes Raw 1.3, tested PP version 15.0, 15.4.1, 22.0 22.1.1 all only produced a black screen and only played sounds with errors printing in the console.

I have also tried reverting back to old AMD drivers to a 06/2021 version and still have the same issues 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there somewhere to report this to Adobe? This is pretty big. I cant be the only one whos ran into this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Their UserVoice system ...

Premiere Pro UserVoice

That goes directly into the engineer's system, all posts are logged in by at least one engineer, and collated on up to the upper managers for tracking.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went and upvoted!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Quentin,

Yeah, this isn't cool. If you create a bug report on User Voice, I can help advocate for you in fixing this issue. Place the link here in this post. We can also team up with others on this post to get them to upvote. Thanks to @Kayla21978239mfkj for providing the logs.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry didnt see you reply, I have created an issue here:Fix Open CL and ProRes Raw Bug – Adobe video & audio apps (uservoice.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its all good. Teamwork makes the dream work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thios is gone now and i have the same issue....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Benjamin above you beat me to it! I would appreciate anyway you can get this up there. I really want to use this rig with premier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upvoted. Let's go "TEAM PRORES RAW DECODE!" This is a great strategy. Now email all your buddies.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Quentin5C5F I have also started a reddit thread to get this more attention:

https://reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/s48usz/asking_the_amd_community_for_help_with_adobe/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It got removed unfortunately 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While the AMD mods are reviewing it i have also posted it to the Premiere Subreddit:  https://reddit.com/r/premiere/comments/s510fm/amd_and_opencl_bug_in_premier_pro_with_prores_raw/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added a comment there.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of July 2022, it's still not working for me. Trying to edit on a Laptop for when I travel and I keep getting the error but on my Desktop with similar specs, I have no problems.

AMD Ryzen 9 5000 Series
Nvidia RTX 3070

Best Buy 

Windows 10
Drivers up to date
Premiere Pro 2022 & ProRes RAW for Windows 1.3
Tried it on Win11 and still nothing

Tried to copy the folders from my Desktop that works onto my Laptop and nothing

I have it set to CUDA instead of Open CL and still nothing. Even just Software and nothing

I need this issue fixed ASAP. It's crazy how it's been months and there's still no fix for this. I need to edit while I'm traveling. Ridiculous

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines