• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues on M1 Max Macbook Pro

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I have been using the new M1 Max MBP for around a couple of weeks and found there have some annoying and serious problems that I've never seen on my old Intel-based mac. 

1. Constantly glitching on the video output with ProRes 4444 (Alpha) Footages which is exported from AE, don't know is it related or not.

2. Crashing while I'm editing then shut it off by itself at the end, no matter I'm just editing the normal H.264 or R3D codec.

Wondering are they related to some bugs with Premiere or just not fully compatible with M1 chips yet. Looking for advice. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mentioned, currently my version is v22.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact issue for me. I'm having to export a feature film on older versions of premiere (software only), which defeats the entire purpose of having a faster machine. Footage from a RED KOMODO. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, the software works fine for editing, but as soon as I export anything, it's a disaster. Glitchy renders skipped frames, it's a complete mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i am constantly getting issues rendering to preres 422 hq in 4k.

plays back fine on the laptop, when i love the same video on a hyperdeck for playback its very glitchy.

When i render the same video on an intel mac perfect playback with no issues.

Have been trying to solve this with blackmagic and apple since november and its getting to the point i cant send content out to important tradeshows as i simply cant trust what the m1 max is rendering.

Everybody support wise i have spoken to has been great at support just not resolved the issue. The only thing i can find ismaybe the prores sdk from apple has not been implemented properly. This only hashappened on m1 max not normal m1, intel mac and windows pc but i kinda negates the purpose of having an expensive laptop to do this on if it wont work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines