• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues outputting alpha channel (From clips where opacity was changed in Premiere)

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm conforming my cut for a colorist. They want all alpha channel videos to be ProRes 4444 with alpha.

I am having trouble with any videos that did not have an alpha channel when originally imported into Premiere (i.e. with clips where the transparency was created in Premiere.) As an example of what DOES work, my chyrons that originally had an alpha when they were imported will output with an alpha. But I have videos where the Opacity was changed in Premiere or I've used the Screen Blend Mode in the opacity setting. These videos are not being output with an alpha channel. I've done the normal trashing of files and restarting several times. New projects. New sequences. One thing to note, a render and replace can be used to get the codec changed, but since it doesn't give an alpha channel it's not working for my needs, because the colorist wants an alpha channel and these "render and replace" files are still using the Opacity settting I have applied to the clip in the timeline.

How do I get these opacity and screen mode altered clips to output with an alpha channel in ProRes 4444 how the colorist wants them? 

Thank you for the help!!!!

Thank you!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How did you create the transparency.

Do you see the Transparency Grid shinning through the clip(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines