Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues recording my own voice for How To videos in Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have an issue with recording my voice for/in Premiere Pro. In the 'default output', there is no option to select the monitor at all. I don't have either the headphones, even though the sound does come out of them when plugging them. I tried plugging in the Jabra speakerphone, I do get the option to select it as default output. But all in all, whatever I get as option, I get the echo when speaking. Why do I not get the option to select the monitor? What can I do to get an option that doesn't have an echo? I have a laptop with Windows 10. Otherwise, what kind of free easy-to-use software can I use that works with Premiere Pro for voice recording, whether in the mobile version or in the desktop version? I mean, to record from home or anywhere outside. Finally, is an additional microphone device necessary for audio voice recording? If so, what do you think of this microphone? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DTTGZ7M/ Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Emeline

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I prefer to use my camera to record audio. I import the video file and don't use the video portion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, good idea! Saves a lot of hassle!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to set the default input, not the default output, to whatver mic the monitor has.

Here's how I would do it on my MacBook Pro:

MicAsDefaultInput.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I, unfortunately, do not get any other options than loudspeakers or Jabra speakers, whether in the input or output field. Basically, I can't record my own voice through Premiere Pro as it has a lot of echo. Horrible. So, trying to find other ways to integrate my audio into Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines