Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues since most recent updates

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am at my wits end here with Premiere.

I have the newer Macbook Pro with the M1pro chip and all that but premiere is running currently worse then it did on my old regualr M1 Macbook air

Mostly the issue is constat slow downs, I don't just mean slow downs in playback I mean slow downs in selecting tools, specifically when on the timeline.

I get slow downs of 10 to 15 sceonds when simply resizing text or a MOGRTS. I add a text layer go to move the text slightly left and the text freezes, I can move my time line my mouse and everything but the program monitor and text reaming frozen sometimes for up to 15 seconds... how is this acceptable! I am a profissional vidoe editor simply trying to move text on a powerful brand new computer. Whats worse is this wasnt an issue on this system on the last version of Premiere...

Then we get into the timelone, I am unable to play footage smoothly... not for 1 second, its constant dropped frames even at the lowest possible playback settings...

I am so frustarted working with Premiere I would galdly learn a whole new system like Davinci if my boss didn't require me to stay...

I am writing here in hope any one has any ideas to what is going on so I dont pull my hair out every day trying to move a text 2 cm to the left.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry about the frustration. Does it happen with a specific project? If so, would you share the media details (codec/ format, frame rate, frame size)? Have you already tried resetting preferences and deleting cache files?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its MXF MP4 file from Canon C70/ 10bit 4k/ msotly 24fps but sometomes 60 and 120/

the problem isn't so much the footage. Its general lag in the program, specicially as I mentioned with text. I insert a text into the timeline and moving/resizing/ or adjusting it in anyway is laggy and often freezes the program monitor and its not just text, simple small animiated morgart files are almot impossible to work with smoothly. On top of this the whole program is laggy and slow, clicking one save takes a second to respond, looking at files in source often shows that it can not show this file as it say it has errors retriving frames constantly.

Like I also said in the older verison 21 of premiere I had some occasionl slow downs but nothing like to this level and how and what I'm editing has not changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also this happens with all projects it is not a specfic one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

here is a vidoe of me working 10 mins ago, randonly again for the 5th time today Primere decided that it just won't show vidoe randomly that is on  the time line, I had to force close the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines