• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Premiere Pro CC 2020, no preview or playback.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having issues with Premiere Pro CC v14.8, using mp4 video. When I import a new file to a project, it lists it as a source, but the preview screen is blank (not black, there is no frame at all) pressing space or clicking the play button does nothing, and even After effects is doing the same thing. My GPU drivers are up to date, I've restarted my pc, uninstalled Premiere, uninstalled CC, and still nothing. If anybody has any advice on how to fix this, that would be great.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gilly,

Sorry for the annoyance. Do you have a NVIDIA GPU? Most people are having trouble with the NVIDIA game ready driver. Please install the NVIDIA Studio driver instead. Your problem should be discontinued after that. Please report on what happens so that we can pass along your info to others.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly no, that's the one major problem cause I've been hearing about, but I have a AMD GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which one?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An Rx 5500xt from Asrock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using an Nvidia GPU, go to their driver page, download/install the STUDIO driver. Their latest game-ready drivers are causing a world of hurt in Premiere.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perhaps an Codec Problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines